Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Shore Excursion
Private limo service from Naples port
Our shore excursion to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast begins just under your ship in Naples port, where our English-speaking driver will pick you up at 8:00am.
First of all he will take you to Pompeii to let you see the ancient Roman city destroyed by Mount Vesuvius with an eruption in AD 79, engulfing Pompeii with cinders and ash. The remains of Pompeii were discovered around 1750 and it seems like the eruption of Vesuvius freezed the city life.
Our driver will take you to Porta Marina entrance and help you buying the tickets, no need to buy them in advance. The archaeological site of pompeii is immense and there is quite a walk to get from one place to another so this means you’ll have to visit the major attractions.
Just after the entrance you will find the Temple of Venus, the Basilica and the Forum, the most important place for life in Pompeii. Here in the Forum you can take wonderful pictures with Mount Vesuvius in the background. Also well worth visiting is the Large Theatre with its fantastic acoustics that allowed the actors to be easily heard by everyone in the theatre. Try it yourself! Just clap your hands while standing in the middle of it. Next to the Large Theatre are the gadiator’s barracks.
Don’t miss a walk along Via dell’Abbondanza with its houses, shops and fountains. What a fantastic experience to visit ancient shops and inns and if you are hungry imagine buying some bread at Sotericus’ bakery. Most of the large houses in Pompeii are along Via dell’Abbondanza and between Via di Mercurio and Via Stabiana.
The House of the Vetii is a spendid example of Roman house. The most important ones in Pompeii are generally rectangular in shape, richly decorated, with rooms built around the so called atrium and the garden with porticus. The most important frescoes are found in the Villa of the Mysteries.
After the visit of Pompeii Tiber Limousine Service’s driver will take you on the Gulf of Salerno, crossing the Sorrento Peninsula, and then drive along the famous Amalfi Coast, a narrow road along the sea with many bends that will thrill you.
Positano, once a small fishing village, is the most famous town of the Amalfi coast and lies on a sheer cliff over the sea. Nowadays Positano is one of the favourite attractions for tourists taking shore excursions from Naples and you’ll never forget the many views that Positano offers.
From the top of Positano you can admire the yellow and green majolica tiled dome of the church of Santa Maria Assunta and the Spiaggia Grande, the beach of Positano, where you will have lunch in a nice restaurant on the beachfront, if you like the idea.
After lunch in Positano, with a good glass of limoncello, the shore excursion continues and our driver will take you to Amalfi where you can admire the Amalfi Cathedral, in Piazza Duomo, and go up the 62 steps that lead to the cathedral characterized by its wonderful facade with black and white stripes made of marble and stone. The facade is not original but the bronze doors were made in 1066 and are possibly the oldest in Italy.
Details and prices
- Guaranteed private service
- Pick up and drop off right by your cruise ship
- No hidden charges: the price you read is what you pay
- Private luxury Mercedes-Benz car or minivan, air conditioned, fully insured for vehicle and passengers (4 million euros), in top condition, no-smoking, complimentary fresh mineral bottled water
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to the Internet inside the Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 24/7 emergency telephone number
- Private licensed driver fluent in English, with perfect knowledge of the history, monuments and other attractions that will be visited during the tour, giving commentaries and answering question from inside the vehicle.
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel, child seats and wheelchairs if requested
Prices don’t include:
- Entrance fees (where needed)
- Tips/Gratuities (this is optional in Italy, not mandatory; our drivers don’t expect you to give them a tip)
We don’t charge for children under two years old (at most 2 children don’t pay).
All prices are in euros. Tiber Limousine Service accepts payments by PayPal, by credit card or in cash in euros to the driver at the end of the shore excursion.
Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Shore Excursion
private full-day limo service
€450Price 1 up to and including 3 people
Add €40 for each additional passenger, up to 7
Contact us to receive quote for more than 7 passengers
- Pickup: Naples port by your cruise ship Drop off: Naples port by your cruise ship
- Tour duration: 8 hours approx. Pickup at 8:00am at the ship; drop off at 5:30pm at the ship
- Price includes: Private luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle, professional English-speaking tour driver, taxes, fuel, passengers insurance (4 million euros), tolls, parking fees, complimentary fresh bottled water, complimentary wi-fi access to the internet
SIGHTS & ATTRACTIONS
SHORE EXCURSION HIGHLIGHTS MAP
DRIVING ALONG THE AMALFI COAST, BETWEEN POSITANO AND AMALFI
Top Rated On TripAdvisor
OUR LIMO SERVICES
- ROME TOURS
- DAY TOURS FROM ROME
- Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
- Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius and Sorrento
- Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento
- Assisi and Orvieto
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Florence and Siena
- Siena, Chianti wine region and Pienza
- Tivoli Villa d’Este and Hadrian’s Villa
- Villa Lante at Bagnaia and Viterbo, the city of popes
- Truffle and mozzarella
- DAY TOURS FROM FLORENCE
- SHORE EXCURSIONS
- Shore excursions from Civitavecchia port
- Shore excursions from Naples port
- Shore excursions from Livorno port
- Shore excursions from Venice port
Other private limo services you might be interested in
Learn more about our tour of Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from Rome
Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Tour - Full Day From RomeLearn more ...
Learn more about our shore excursions from Naples port to Sorrento and Amalfi Coast (Positano and Amalfi)
Sorrento and Amalfi Coast Shore ExcursionLearn more ...
POMPEII AND AMALFI COAST SHORE EXCURSION BY TIBER LIMOUSINE SERVICE
Contact our customer service today to reserve your Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Shore Excursion from the port of CivitavecchiaContact us for additional information or booking