Tivoli Villa d’Este and Hadrian’s Villa Shore Excursion
Private limo service from Civitavecchia port
For all tourists arriving at Civitavecchia port who have already visited Rome, the countryside around Rome is well worth visiting and Tivoli, a hill-town just forty kilometers from Rome, is the top town to include in a shore excursion from Civitavecchia port.
Tivoli was one of the favored places of wealthy ancient Romans. The location of this little town and its fresh climate were the reasons to chose Tivoli as their favourite place to spend their summer; further than that, Tivoli has been an important point for commerce ever since its origins, as well. Many tourists still visit Tivoli for its richness in natural springs of thermal waters, naturally fitness regenerating, that can benefit skin and respiration.attracted from its beatiful countryside and from the climate in summer. Did you know that most of the travertine used in Rome monuments arrived from Tivoli?
Our English-speaking driver will pick you up at 8:00am right by your cruise ship and drive first of all to Hadrian’s Villa, just a few kilometers from Tivoli. The villa of the emperor Hadrian was one of the largest villas ever built in the Roman Empire, even greater than the centre of Rome. In Hadrian’s Villa there were thermae, libraries, palaces, a theatre and quarters. Walking there you’ll feel unique emotions. Although the term ‘villa’ usually refers to a country residence, Hadrian’s Villa) in Tivoli is much more than this. Its size and architecture make you think of a town, actually, its area being as vast as Pompeii itself. It is an important archaeological site, where different excavations were carried out through the centuries, including the one wanted by Ippolito d’Este, the owner of the splendid Villa d’Este. The famous architect Pirro Ligorio who designed Villa d’Este looked for statues and marble to enrich it on the occasion of the most important excavation in the site during 16th century. A walk inside Villa Adriana will show you the magnificence of the project, with its thermae, libraries, streets and even a private little dependence separated from the main Palace.
After the visit to Hadrian’s Villa our driver will take you to Tivoli where you’ll have lunch and then visit Villa d’Este, a country residence created in the 16th century by Pirro Ligorio for Cardinal Ippolito d’Este, with its wonderful garden and fountains. Villa d’Este, on the other hand, is a wonderful example of the Italian taste for gardens and a symbol of the Renaissance itself. A walk along its alleys and the view of the fountains and terraces in the Villa is the best way to spend your time and rest a little before your driver takes you back to the port just on time to embark your cruise ship; a last view of the wonderful Roman countryside with Rome in the distance will end this wonderful shore excursion with Tiber Limousine Service.
After the visit to Villa d’Este and a last view of the wonderful Roman countryside with Rome in the distance our driver will take you back to the ship in Civitavecchia cruise port to end this wonderful shore excursion.
Details and prices
- Guaranteed private service
- Pick up and drop off right by your cruise ship
- No hidden charges: the price you read is what you pay
- Private luxury Mercedes-Benz car or minivan, air conditioned, fully insured for vehicle and passengers (4 million euros), in top condition, no-smoking, complimentary fresh mineral bottled water
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to the Internet inside the Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 24/7 emergency telephone number
- Private licensed driver fluent in English, with perfect knowledge of the history, monuments and other attractions that will be visited during the tour, giving commentaries and answering question from inside the vehicle.
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel, child seats and wheelchairs if requested
Prices don’t include:
- Entrance fees (where needed)
- Tips/Gratuities (this is optional in Italy, not mandatory; our drivers don’t expect you to give them a tip)
We don’t charge for children under two years old (at most 2 children don’t pay).
All prices are in euros. Tiber Limousine Service accepts payments by PayPal, by credit card or in cash in euros to the driver at the end of the shore excursion.
Tivoli Villa d’Este and Hadrian’s Villa Shore Excursion
private full-day limo service
€450Price 1 up to and including 3 people
Add €40 for each additional passenger, up to 7
Contact us to receive quote for more than 7 passengers
- Pickup: Civitavecchia port by your cruise ship Drop off: Civitavecchia port by your cruise ship
- Tour duration: 8 hours approx. Pickup at 8:00am at the ship; drop off at 5:30pm at the ship
- Price includes: Private luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle, professional English-speaking tour driver, taxes, fuel, passengers insurance (4 million euros), tolls, parking fees, complimentary fresh bottled water, complimentary wi-fi access to the internet
SIGHTS & ATTRACTIONS
- Villa d'Este
- Hadrian's Villa
SHORE EXCURSION HIGHLIGHTS MAP
Top Rated On TripAdvisor
OUR LIMO SERVICES
- ROME TOURS
- DAY TOURS FROM ROME
- Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
- Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius and Sorrento
- Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento
- Assisi and Orvieto
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Florence and Siena
- Siena, Chianti wine region and Pienza
- Tivoli Villa d’Este and Hadrian’s Villa
- Villa Lante at Bagnaia and Viterbo, the city of popes
- Truffle and mozzarella
- DAY TOURS FROM FLORENCE
- SHORE EXCURSIONS
- Shore excursions from Civitavecchia port
- Shore excursions from Naples port
- Shore excursions from Livorno port
- Shore excursions from Venice port
TIVOLI VILLA D'ESTE AND HADRIAN'S VILLA SHORE EXCURSION BY TIBER LIMOUSINE SERVICE
Contact our customer service today to reserve your Tivoli Villa d'Este and Hadrian's Villa Shore Excursion from the port of CivitavecchiaContact us for additional information or booking