Florence and Pisa Shore Excursion
Private limo service from Livorno port
Tuscany’s best shore excursion covers some of the most beautiful countryside and small towns in the world; and Florence and Pisa are showcases of the region. Ever since the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”, people’s interest in Tuscany has increased. Whether people liked the movie or not, they fell in love with the Tuscan area of Italy.
So if your cruise ship arrives in Livorno port you can easily visit Florence and Pisa in a luxurious Mercedes-Benz sedan or minivan. Our driver will meet you at Livorno port dock and take you first of all to Florence. Pick up is inside the port, at the cruise ship terminal, right by your ship.
Florence means “the flowering” and the city is aptly named, since it fostered the birth and growth of the Renaissance period. The many structures from the period are breathtaking in their architectural beauty. The Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flowers (Florence Cathedral) in Piazza del Duomo with its multi-colored marble is a great example of the wealth and power that existed in Florence during the time, with Michelangelo‘s work seen throughout the city, including the world famous sculpture of David.
The construction of Santa Maria del Fiore was completed by Filippo brunelleschi with the marvellous dome that is still the largest dome in the world built with bricks. In Piazza del Duomo you can also visit Giotto’s Campanile and the Baptistery. The hearth of the social and political life in Florence was Piazza della Signoria with Palazzo Vecchio. Other highlights are Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge), with its shops, and Uffizi, one of the most important museums in Europe.
Whenever you think of the city of Pisa, you immediately envision the Leaning Tower (Tower of Pisa), which is actually a bell tower for the nearby Cathedral of Pisa (Duomo di Pisa) and Baptistery, located in the Square of Miracles (Piazza dei Miracoli). Yet, the square holds only a few in the many historical sights in Pisa, which was once a major city of finance and trade on the Mediterranean. Galileo’s native city, Pisa also played an important role in the Crusades. The Campo Santo (cemetery) even contains 53 cartloads of Jerusalem earth, brought to Pisa by the Crusaders.
What’s the origin of the name Square of Miracles? The real name of this walled square in Pisa is Cathedral Square (Piazza del Duomo) but it is now best known as Piazza dei Miracoli because of a novel in which the italian poet Gabriele D’annunzio described it as “field of miracles”.
Both Florence and Pisa are full of historical sights, beautiful Renaissance architecture, and the city’s history will enchant you – definitely the best of Tuscany. You will want to keep your camera ready from the beginning to the end of Tuscany’s tour; there is so much to see.
Details and prices
- Guaranteed private service
- Pick up and drop off right by your cruise ship
- No hidden charges: the price you read is what you pay
- Private luxury Mercedes-Benz car or minivan, air conditioned, fully insured for vehicle and passengers (4 million euros), in top condition, no-smoking, complimentary fresh mineral bottled water
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to the Internet inside the Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 24/7 emergency telephone number
- Private licensed driver fluent in English, with perfect knowledge of the history, monuments and other attractions that will be visited during the tour, giving commentaries and answering question from inside the vehicle.
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel, child seats and wheelchairs if requested
Prices don’t include:
- Entrance fees (where needed)
- Tips/Gratuities (this is optional in Italy, not mandatory; our drivers don’t expect you to give them a tip)
We don’t charge for children under two years old (at most 2 children don’t pay).
All prices are in euros. Tiber Limousine Service accepts payments by PayPal, by credit card or in cash in euros to the driver at the end of the shore excursion.
Florence and Pisa Shore Excursion
private full-day limo service
€450Price 1 up to and including 3 people
Add €40 for each additional passenger, up to 7
Contact us to receive quote for more than 7 passengers
- Pickup: Livorno port by your cruise ship Drop off: Livorno port by your cruise ship
- Tour duration: 8 hours approx. Pickup at 8:00am at the ship; drop off at 5:30pm at the ship
- Price includes: Private luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle, professional English-speaking tour driver, taxes, fuel, passengers insurance (4 million euros), tolls, parking fees, complimentary fresh bottled water, complimentary wi-fi access to the internet
SIGHTS & ATTRACTIONS
SHORE EXCURSION HIGHLIGHTS MAP
Top Rated On TripAdvisor
OUR LIMO SERVICES
- ROME TOURS
- DAY TOURS FROM ROME
- DAY TOURS FROM FLORENCE
- SHORE EXCURSIONS
- Shore excursions from Civitavecchia port
- Shore excursions from Naples port
- Shore excursions from Livorno port
- Shore excursions from Venice port
Other private limo services you might be interested in
Learn more about Tiber Limousine Service's shore excursions to Pisa and Lucca ...
Pisa and Lucca shore excursionLearn more ...
Learn more about our shore excursions to Siena and San Gimignano from the port of Livorno
Siena and San Gimignano Shore ExcursionLearn more ...
FLORENCE AND PISA SHORE EXCURSION BY TIBER LIMOUSINE SERVICE
Contact our customer service today to reserve your Florence and Pisa Shore Excursion from the port of LivornoContact us for additional information or booking