Rome and Vatican tour
Full day private limo tour
Our private Rome Tours are a great introduction to the city of Rome and the Vatican; and with your own personal tour driver, you can spend more time at the locations where you have the most interest.
Booking this Rome and Vatican Tour is the best way to visit quickly the most important attractions in Rome. The eternal city is like a museum of antiquity with the old next to the new. The center of the Roman Empire, the city of Rome evokes awe with majestic structures left to us from the distant past, as well as architecture from the Renaissance period. The city of Rome has seen all the eras of human growth and change with remnants of those periods left behind for us to admire today.
Tiber Limousine Service driver will pick you up at your hotel or apartment in Rome at 8:30 AM and will take you to visit the Eternal City in the absolute comfort of a luxury Mercedes-Benz sedan or minivan. Feel free to choose the monuments and sights in Rome you would like to visit. We suggest you an itinerary for your Rome and Vatican Tour but you can obviously modify it as you like. Top quality customer care is what makes Tiber Limousine Service different from the other limousines service companies in Rome. We answer email quickly, sometimes in just an hour or two, and we are open to your suggestions if you want to personalize a private tour and our experts can also suggest a sightseeing tour including the sites you like most.
This is the perfect tour for all tourists who have never visited Rome before and need to have a complete introduction to the attractions of Rome: ancient Rome, renaissance and baroque Rome, together with the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. Tiber Limousine Service has authorization to drive everywhere in Rome and we’ll take you within a few meters of every site, with no waste of your precious time to reach the monuments and in just one day you’ll be able to visit Rome in depth.
If you have specific requirements our driver will help you plan your time in Rome. If you prefer organizing in advance, contact us to customize your private tour of Rome. Here follows a standard itinerary for Tiber Limousine Service full day tour of Rome and Vatican.
Our driver will take you to the center of Rome in the area where an icon of the Roman Empire lies: the Coliseum. Your driver will take you to a hill nearby, called Oppian Hill, and let you enjoy a sight of the monument from above. The hill is part of one of the 7 famous hills of Rome, and is now a park. You can decide if you want to enter the Coliseum or continue the tour to save time for other monuments; from the Oppian Hill your driver will provide plenty of detailed infos about the monument, however.
The tour will then take you along Via dei Fori Imperiali: on your left is the Roman Forum, originally used as a market place, but also as a meeting centre, and on your right the the Fori Imperiali, a series of squares designed for the Roman public life, where politics, as well as commercial and religious activities, were held. A visit of the Roman Forum is obviously possible, although it will take some time and reduce the number of sites you might visit on your tour.
Your tour moves now up to the Campidoglio : tiberlimo limousine drivers have a special permission to drive up there and they will take you to a particular spot overlooking the area of the Fori. You can walk to the piazza and admire the the square designed by Michelangelo, and the statue of Marco Aurelio (a perfect copy of the original which is exhibited in the Musei Capitolini). Leaving the Campidoglio, your driver will take to another very important monument, piazza Venezia and the Vittoriano, a symbol of Italian unification built in honour of its first king.
It is now time to reach the famous Trevi Fountain, considered the most beautiful fountain in Rome, dating back to ancient Rome for its origins and a wonderful example of a mixture of symbols and baroque architecture celebrating the power of water, and move to the Pantheon and piazza di spagna.
It is now time for a break: the driver can advise on where to find a good trattoria or restaurant, depending on your preferences. If you are interested in seeing as much as possible, you can decide for a quick pizza. After lunch the driver will take you to the Vatican museums in case you plan to visit them and the Sistine Chapel. You can either visit them on your own, and decide how long you will stay there, or book a guided tour with us. If so, please take into account that the tour is very detailed and takes 3 hours, so there won’t be much time left for other stops around the city.
Details and prices
- Guaranteed private service
- No hidden charges: the price you read is what you pay
- Private luxury Mercedes-Benz car or minivan, air conditioned, fully insured for vehicle and passengers (4 million euros), in top condition, no-smoking, complimentary fresh mineral bottled water
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to the Internet inside the Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 24/7 emergency telephone number
- Private licensed driver fluent in English, with perfect knowledge of the history, monuments and other attractions that will be visited during the tour, giving commentaries and answering question from inside the vehicle. Upon request we provide tours with a licensed tour guide always with you in the vehicle and inside the monuments for all duration of the tour or we can book a licensed guide just for the visit of the Vatican Museums and/or Coliseum
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel, child seats and wheelchairs if requested
Prices don’t include:
- Entrance fees (where needed)
- Tips/Gratuities (this is optional in Italy, not mandatory; our drivers don’t expect you to give them a tip)
We don’t charge for children under two years old (at most 2 children don’t pay).
All prices are in euros. Tiber Limousine Service accepts payments by PayPal, by credit card or in cash in euros to the driver at the end of the shore excursion.
Rome and Vatican tour
Full day private limo tour
€400Price 1 up to and including 3 people
Add €30 for each additional passenger, up to 7
Contact us to receive quote for more than 7 passengers
- Pickup: Rome airport, Rome hotel, address in Rome
Drop off: Rome hotel, address in Rome
- Tour duration: Approx. 8 hours. Pickup at 8:30am; drop off at 5:00pm
- Price includes: Private luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle, professional English-speaking tour driver, taxes, fuel, passengers insurance (4 million euros), tolls, parking fees, complimentary fresh bottled water, complimentary wi-fi access to the internet
- Colosseum and Vatican tickets: Skip the line tickets can be bought online at the official websites. We will send you all information. Current price is Euro 14 for Colosseum (also includes Roman Forum and Palatinum), Euro 20 for Vatican (includes Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel)
SIGHTS & ATTRACTIONS
- Roman Forum
- Circus Maximus
- Capitoline Hill
- Piazza Navona
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel
- Saint Peter’s Basilica
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS MAP
Top Rated On TripAdvisor
OUR LIMO SERVICES
- ROME TOURS
- DAY TOURS FROM ROME
- DAY TOURS FROM FLORENCE
- SHORE EXCURSIONS
- Shore excursions from Civitavecchia port
- Shore excursions from Naples port
- Shore excursions from Livorno port
- Shore excursions from Venice port