Pompeii, Herculaneum And Sorrento Tour – Full Day From Rome
Private limo service
Among the tours from Rome including a visit to the ruins of Pompeii, this tour of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento is undoubtedly the most complete for those tourists who want to have a complete view of the destruction caused by Vesuvius in 79 AD.
Tiber Limousine Service driver will pick you up at your hotel or apartment in Rome at 7:30 am and will drive first of all to Pompeii to let you visit the ruins of the most famous ancient Roman town destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. He will take you to Porta Marina and from there you will first see the Forum, followed by the Temple of Apollo. You shouldn’t miss a visit to the Casa dei Vettii, the Teatro Grande and the Anfiteatro and the Lupanare.
In about two hours you’ll see the most important attractions in Pompeii and feel the unique sensation of walking in the ancient streets and visit the bars and bakeries, perhaps more interesting than visiting the Forum and the Amphitheater, because you can feel the daily life of the ancient Romans. You can obviously decide to spend more time visiting Pompeii ruins if you wish because a whole day wouldn’t be enough to explore the entire archaeological area.
After Pompeii, your private driver will drive towards the coast of the Sorrento Peninsula coast to reach the beautiful tourist town which gives its name to the peninsula. Sorrento is the biggest of the towns in the area south of Naples and for sure it is the best place to find extraordinary food, do some shopping and also drink the famous Limoncello. You can buy some bottles if you want to drink it at your home or as a present for your friends. Here in Sorrento you will have lunch in one of the many local restaurants where you can enjoy the great food.
After lunch we suggest a nice walk from Piazza Tasso to Marina Grande, the picturesque fishing harbour of Sorrento, and you can also buy some bottle of Limoncello. Another interesting sight to visit in Sorrento is the Villa Comunale where you will see a splendid view of the Bay of Naples and Capri.
Don’t think that Sorrento is just a lunch break because you’d be wrong. Sorrento is a really important tourist town, visited each year by hundreds of thousands of tourists. Enjoy Sorrento’s main square, Piazza Tasso, so crowded and full of life, with a beautiful balcony with a magnificent view of the the small harbor of Marina Piccola and walk to Marina Grande. You can also visit the Duomo and the cloister of the church of San Francesco, the Chiostro del Paradiso.
It’s now time to reach Herculaneum, the last stop of this wonderful day out of Rome. Herculaneum is smaller and less famous than Pompeii but actually the buildings are better preserved in Herculaneum than in Pompeii. From the entrance you can have an overview of the entire archaeological site with the Fornici just in front of you. Walk then the to the Casa dei Cervi, so called because of the two statues of deer attacked by dogs. Are you thirsty? The Taberna di Priapo is waiting for you. Imagine how it was this ancient Roman trattoria, full of people eating and drinking. Also worth visiting are the Terme Centrali, the main baths in Herculaneum.
Leaving Herculaneum at about 5:30pm and back to your hotel or apartment in Rome.
Details and prices
- Guaranteed private service
- No hidden charges: the price you read is what you pay
- Private luxury Mercedes-Benz car or minivan, air conditioned, fully insured for vehicle and passengers (4 million euros), in top condition, no-smoking, complimentary fresh mineral bottled water
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to the Internet inside the Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 24/7 emergency telephone number
- Private licensed driver fluent in English, with perfect knowledge of the history, monuments and other attractions that will be visited during the tour
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel, child seats and wheelchairs if requested
Prices don’t include:
- Entrance fees (where needed)
- Tips/Gratuities (this is optional in Italy, not mandatory; our drivers don’t expect you to give them a tip)
We don’t charge for children under two years old (at most 2 children don’t pay).
All prices are in euros. Tiber Limousine Service accepts payments by PayPal, by credit card or in cash in euros to the driver at the end of the shore excursion.
Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento tour from Rome
private limo service
€480Price 1 up to and including 2 people
Add €40 for each additional passenger, up to 7
Contact us to receive quote for more than 7 passengers
- Pickup: Rome hotel, address in Rome
Drop off: Rome hotel, address in Rome
- Tour duration: Approx. 13 hours. Pickup at 7:30am; drop off at 8:30pm
- Price includes: Private luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle, professional English-speaking tour driver, taxes, fuel, passengers insurance (4 million euros), tolls, parking fees, complimentary fresh bottled water, complimentary wi-fi access to the internet
SIGHTS & ATTRACTIONS
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS MAP
Top Rated On TripAdvisor
OUR LIMO SERVICES
- ROME TOURS
- DAY TOURS FROM ROME
- Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
- Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius and Sorrento
- Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento
- Assisi and Orvieto
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Florence and Siena
- Siena, Chianti wine region and Pienza
- Tivoli Villa d’Este and Hadrian’s Villa
- Villa Lante at Bagnaia and Viterbo, the city of popes
- Truffle and mozzarella
- DAY TOURS FROM FLORENCE
- SHORE EXCURSIONS
- Shore excursions from Civitavecchia port
- Shore excursions from Naples port
- Shore excursions from Livorno port
- Shore excursions from Venice port
POMPEII, MOUNT VESUVIUS AND SORRENTO TOUR FROM ROME BY TIBER LIMOUSINE SERVICE
Contact our customer service today to reserve your Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius and Sorrento tour from RomeContact us for additional information or booking