Orvieto And Civita di Bagnoregio Tour – Full Day From Rome
Private limo service
Umbria is certainly a splendid Italian region to visit and it’s not very far from Rome, so if your are staying in the Eternal City you can book a day tour to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio, two beautiful towns with Etruscan origins that will give you a clear idea of the Middle Ages in Italy.
At 8:00am Tiber Limousine Service driver will pick you up at your hotel in Rome, or anywhere you want, and in about 1 hour and a half will take you in Orvieto, the first town we will visit in this day tour from Rome, built on a hill of tuff and a typical medieval aspect, with narrow and tortuous streets.
No doubt the major attraction is the majestic Cathedral of Orvieto, a masterpiece of the Gothic art in Italy, built to celebrate the miracle of Bolsena.
There are actually two Orvieto, that known to everyone and the underground Orvieto. The inhabitants over the centuries have dug deeply the cliff on which stands Orvieto to obtain especially cellars, ideal at storing food and wine for their low temperature and the absence of light.
We also recommend a descent into St. Patrick’s Well through a spectacular spiral ramp until you reach the water at 60 meters in depth and then up to the surface through an identical helicoidal ramp, A true masterpiece of architecture that allowed beasts of burden walking it both uphill and downhill to pick up water without ever meeting.
Tiber Limousine Service driver will now take you to Civita di Bagnoregio, just half an hour driving, along a scenic winding road at the end of which you will see it above a tufa rock that rises from the valley below.
Thousands of years ago, in the area around the lake of Bolsena, there were five volcanoes with violent eruptions that culminated with the formation of a type of rock easily erodible, causing a great variation of the topography during the centuries. Because of this Civita di Bagnoregio, once linked to Bagnoregio, became isolated on the remaining spur of tuff and in the future this wonderful town is doomed to die, that’s why it is known as the dying town.
All around the town there are a number of valleys, known as Calanchi, where it is impossible any form of agriculture and life because of the nature of soil. Seen from the distance, Civita di Bagnoregio looks like an island struggling not to sink, rising majestically over the valley created by the erosion of the plain that connected it to Bagnoregio.
The only way to reach the town is walking uphill on a bridge built in 1965 on concrete pillars, cars cannot drive there. Our driver will drop you at the beginning of the bridge and after a walk of a few minutes you will enter the town crossing the only gate remained among those it had in the past, called Porta del Cassero, that is Cassero Gate. Civita has Etruscan and Roman origins and thus has the typical structure with the two main roads and smaller streets parallel to these. San Donato Square is the center of the town, overlooked by the Cathedral and the Town Hall.
After the visit of Civita di Bagnoregio, a pleasant walk downhill on the the bridge, while looking at the surrounding landscape illuminated by the light of the setting sun, and you will meet your driver again.
Sit comfortably in our Mercedes and relax thinking back to the beautiful monuments and landscapes seen during the day while the driver takes you back to Rome. If you feel like, you can share the best moments of the day with your friends by posting on Facebook pictures and videos using the on-board complimentary Wi-Fi connection to the Internet we provide.
Details and prices
- Guaranteed private service
- No hidden charges: the price you read is what you pay
- Private luxury Mercedes-Benz car or minivan, air conditioned, fully insured for vehicle and passengers (4 million euros), in top condition, no-smoking, complimentary fresh mineral bottled water
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access to the Internet inside the Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 24/7 emergency telephone number
- Private licensed driver fluent in English, with perfect knowledge of the history, monuments and other attractions that will be visited during the tour
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel, child seats and wheelchairs if requested
Prices don’t include:
- Entrance fees (where needed)
- Tips/Gratuities (this is optional in Italy, not mandatory; our drivers don’t expect you to give them a tip)
We don’t charge for children under two years old (at most 2 children don’t pay).
All prices are in euros. Tiber Limousine Service accepts payments by PayPal, by credit card or in cash in euros to the driver at the end of the shore excursion.
Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio tour from Rome
private limo service
€470Price 1 up to and including 3 people
Add €30 for each additional passenger, up to 7
Contact us to receive quote for more than 7 passengers
- Pickup: Rome hotel, address in Rome
Drop off: Rome hotel, address in Rome
- Tour duration: Approx. 11 hours. Pickup at 8:00am; drop off at 7:00pm
- Price includes: Private luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle, professional English-speaking tour driver, taxes, fuel, passengers insurance (4 million euros), tolls, parking fees, complimentary fresh bottled water, complimentary wi-fi access to the internet
SIGHTS & ATTRACTIONS
- Civita di Bagnoregio
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS MAP
Top Rated On TripAdvisor
OUR LIMO SERVICES
- ROME TOURS
- DAY TOURS FROM ROME
- Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
- Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius and Sorrento
- Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento
- Assisi and Orvieto
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Florence and Siena
- Siena, Chianti wine region and Pienza
- Tivoli Villa d’Este and Hadrian’s Villa
- Villa Lante at Bagnaia and Viterbo, the city of popes
- Truffle and mozzarella
- DAY TOURS FROM FLORENCE
- SHORE EXCURSIONS
- Shore excursions from Civitavecchia port
- Shore excursions from Naples port
- Shore excursions from Livorno port
- Shore excursions from Venice port
ORVIETO AND CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO TOUR FROM ROME BY TIBER LIMOUSINE SERVICE
Contact our customer service today to reserve your Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio tour from RomeContact us for additional information or booking